After the incredible popularity of our first layered smoothie we thought we would post another smoothie recipe that is as great to look at as it is to drink, the Kiwi Mango smoothie. This one takes a bit more preparation than the previous layered recipe (mango, strawberry, banana smoothie) but we think it is worth it. If you give it a try, please send in your photos and we’ll post them on the site. And don’t forget to tell us if you like the recipe. I’m betting this smoothie will become one our readers’ favorites. The tangy flavors of the mango and the kiwi need the honey to balance it out, so don’t skimp on the honey at least the first time you try this smoothie.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 3/4 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 ripe kiwifruit, peeled
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons green tea
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach
- Place mango, 1/2 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons water, and lime rind in a blender; process until smooth, stirring occasionally. Divide mango mixture into each of 4 serving glasses; place glasses in freezer.
- Rinse blender container. Place 1/4 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, kiwifruit, and next 3 ingredients in blender; process until smooth, stirring occasionally. Gently spoon green tea-kiwi mixture onto mango mixture in reserved glasses, working carefully around inside of each glass to create a clean horizontal line. Stir to combine flavors, if desired. Serve immediately.
via Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast