This recipe is from the California Avocado Commission. I added this because I love avocados and blueberries, but even I must admit this seems like a very strange pairing.
Avocado Blueberry Smoothie
Source: Recipe courtesy of the California Avocado Commission.
- 1/2 Cup ice cubes or crushed ice
- 1 (11.5-oz) can peach nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 large, ripe California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut in small chunks
- 1 (6-oz.) carton non-fat vanilla or peach yogurt
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries, rinsed, picked over, well-drained
- 1/4 ripe California Avocado, peeled, sliced lengthwise (optional, for garnish)
- 6 plump blueberries (optional, for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in blender with lid.
- Blend on high speed for two minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two tall glasses to serve.
- If desired, pierce slice of avocado with three blueberries on a tiny cocktail sword or skewer and hang on the side of the glass for garnish.
This is a high fiber recipe.
7 g Total Fat
1 g Saturated fat
0 mg Cholesterol
54 g Carbohydrate
7 g Fiber
7 g Protein
81 mg Sodium