I haven’t tried this detox smoothie with the exact ingredients yet. The smoothie detoxing ingredients are extensive and may be hard to find, so feel free to substitute where you need to. The original recipe writer write, “the cayenne powder gives it a spicy punch that intensifies the rest of the flavors, such as sweet-tart raspberries, antioxidant-rich wild blueberries, tangy apple cider vinegar, smooth almond milk, sweet acai juice, nutty flax seed meal and the coconut water ice cubes.”
With a healthy description like that you know its got to be worth trying. Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods stores will have the ingredients, but I put links to some of them on Amazon if you need to buy from there.
- 12 ounces Acai Juice
- 6 ounces almond or soy milk (I prefer almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp soy creamer
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (blueberry if you can find it, try Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup ice cubes (coconut water ice cubes pref’d)
- 1 Tbsp Macro Greens powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-3 dashes cayenne powder
Serves 2 healthy people in need of detox.
source: Lunch Box Bunch