Ruby Red Grapefruit Smoothie Recipe
Starting the new year off by trying to lose weight? This healthy ruby red grapefruit smoothie is a good way to start.
1 large pink or ruby red grapefruit
1/2 cup cold water (preferably refrigerated)
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
3-4 ice cubes
Fresh mint, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Peel grapefruit and remove as much pith as possible.
- Divide the sections and remove any seeds.
- Add grapefruit sections and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, honey and ice then process until smooth or to desired consistency.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve garnished with mint.