Peach, Pomegranate and Berry Smoothie
Smoothies are a convenient way to get lots of vitamins and minerals into your body. This is especially true if you use fresh vegetables, fruits and super-foods as ingredients.
This smoothie recipe is bursting with nutrition and is chock-full of antioxidants. It makes a great snack and will keep you going until your next meal.
To prepare it, you will need:
- 1 medium sized peach – orange colored foods tend to be rich in vitamin A and peaches are no different. This vitamin is necessary for eye, skin and hair health. Be sure to remove the stone from the peach before using it.
- 1/2 a cup of pomegranate – the taste of pomegranates is unique and cannot easily be compared with other fruits. They are a good source of copper, potassium and manganese, all of which are required for different functions in the body.
- 1/2 a cup of frozen mixed berries – blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries all contain large amounts of vitamin C, which is perhaps the most well-known vitamin. It promotes heart health, assists with iron absorption and keeps your gums in great shape.
- 1/4 cucumber – these vegetables are super hydrating and very refreshing when eaten. Their mellow flavor means that they are not too overpowering and work very well in smoothies.
- 1 cup of spinach – a cup of spinach provides you with your entire daily requirement of vitamin K. It also has small amounts of other vitamins & minerals. In place of spinach, you can also use other leafy green vegetables.
- 1/2 an avocado – most fruits contain very little fat, but not the avocado. It is one of the best sources of heart healthy fats that there is. Together with this, it also comes with vitamin E, the B vitamins, zinc and phosphorus.
- 1 cup of coconut water – if you want to prepare a healthy smoothie, coconut water is one of the best liquid options that there is. It is naturally sweet meaning you don’t have to add any sugar and also replenishes the body’s electrolytes.
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds – and finally some seeds to get some extra protein into the smoothie. You can use any type of nut or seed that you like, including almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds or pecans.
To prepare the smoothie, add all of the ingredients to a blender and process well.
If you enjoyed this recipe and are looking for other healthy ones, visit Healthsomeness.