Mocha Protein Smoothie Recipe
Do you like coffee, but wish you could add some nutrition with your morning cup? Try this protein smoothie and start your day with an added protein burst of energy.
- 1/2 cup coffee or herbal coffee substitute, already prepared
- 1/2 cup organic frozen yogurt, low-fat or non-fat
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Using the measuring spoon, scoop 1/2 cup of yogurt directly from the yogurt container and put it in the blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup coffee/coffee substitute–already brewed–into the measuring spoon and empty it into the blender.
- Add the chocolate whey protein powder and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass or travel mug and serve.
From Cathy Wong, N.D.