Omigosh, the Christmas Smoothie looks almost too good to drink. Almost. At this most wonderful time of the year, it is always better to give than to receive so think about giving yourself or your family this beautiful gift of delicious Christmastime joy and flavor. Anything with crushed peppermint sticks on the rim wins my vote for most creative smoothie treat of the year.
And, oh my, it even has Christmas colors and looks like Christmas in a glass. This strawberry smoothie hiding behind a Christmas facade is a little more complicated to create, but the looks of pure joy on the faces of those about to partake in this smoothie from heaven will surely be worth the effort. Begin creating the perfect Christmas smoothie! The only thing missing is the egg nog…
- 10 ounce frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed slightly
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 peppermint candy cane, finely crushed
- Green decorating gel
- Place strawberries and water in blender. Cover and blend on medium until slushy, then move the speed to high for 10-15 seconds and then move to another cup.
- Place crushed candy cane on small plate. Pipe decorating gel around rim of two 12-ounce glasses. Dip rims into crushed candy.
- Make it really cool by pouring the yogurt and strawberry smoothie at the same time into glasses, creating a vertical half-and-half design.