After undergoing gastric bypass surgery, the need existed for increasing protein in my diet. This is what I cam up with for breakfast. The amount of protein depends upon the protein powder you use. After trial and expensive error, the protein powder I found I liked best is Unjury brand, available at www.unjury.com
- 1 banana, cut up
- 2-3 strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 scoop protein powder or chocolate protein powder or strawberry protein powder
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4-1 1/2 cup ice
1. Place banana, strawberries, protein powder, and splenda in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Add ice and blend until ice is incorporated and mixture is thick.
4. Note: I always use unflavored protein powder and sometimes add 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder.