With my own age creeping ever higher I have been exploring more green smoothies and found one from Victoria Boutenko from Raw Family and wish to share it with you. The key ingredient here is fresh ginger or ginger-root. But the more important issue is this is a smoothie with spinach.
- 1 cup organic frozen berries (any kinds, but I prefer a good mix with blueberries)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 inch ginger-root, or to taste (I will usually grate mine into the blender first.)
Some more reasons you may wish to increase your ginger consumption.
* Enhances natural resistance for cold and flu.
* Reduces inflammation.
* Contains at least 12 anti-aging constituents that inactivate free radicals.
* Supports blood platelet health and cardiovascular function.
* Twenty-two known constituents inhibit inflammatory 5-lipoxygenase, supports prostate health.
Ginger is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Selenium, and Manganese. Find out more about ginger at The University of Maryland Medical Center.