What a wonderful breakfast smoothie combination. Apple, oats and cinnamon are a delicious flavor combo and are good for your health and energy. And just how good is cinnamon for you? A study of those who took the cinnamon saw a reduction in weight and BMI, which all decreased compared to baseline. Other benefits of this healthy spice were:
- Cinnamon can be used as a natural preservative, inhibiting bacterial growth.
- A ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL, your “bad” cholesterol.
- The smell of cinnamon can increase your memory and cognitive function.
- Cinnamon is a natural cure for and migraines and migraines.
So what are you waiting for, get the blender out and try this apple and cinnamon smoothie for yourself.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cubed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Soak oats in rice milk for 5 minutes. Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend on LOW until well blended.
submitted by Carey Kingsbury, from http://myjuicecleanse.com